At Q, our independent team of protection advisers will be able to assist you and quickly identify the most appropriate insurance for your needs.

One in 29 children lose a parent before they grow up.

22% of us will be diagnosed with a Critical Illness before the age of 65.

Each year, one million people in the UK find themselves unable to work due to a serious illness or injury


What insurances are available?

Life Insurance


No one enjoys talking about death, however it is important to leave your dependents with access to a lump sum in the event of your death. Often this will be used to pay off a mortgage, help with funeral costs or just leaving a sum of money to lighten the load. Often insurers will also pay out on diagnosis of a terminal illness as well, this can be helpful if you need specialist care during the final stages of your life.


Our team will also be able to assist with writing the policy in trust for you. This ensures the policy is paid out to your nominated beneficiary and does not form part of your estate – therefore speeding up the payment. This benefit is available to you at no extra cost.


Types of Life Insurance : Level term, decreasing term, increasing term, and whole of life. We are on hand to explain the different terms offered with Life cover.


If I don’t have any dependents, do I need life insurance?

This type of policy is all about assisting someone else if you’re gone. If you have no one that you want the money to go to then there may be more important insurance needs to consider, such as Income Protection.

Critical Illness Cover


Critical Illness Cover pays out a tax-free lump sum if you are unfortunate to be diagnosed with a critical illness during the term of your policy. Each Provider has different definitions of what a “Critical Illness” is and our team at Q can assist with finding the most comprehensive policy for you.


Types of Critical Illness Cover : level term, decreasing term and increasing term. We are on hand to explain the different terms offered with Critical Illness.


What are the key benefits of Critical Illness Cover?

Critical Illness Insurance can offer much needed financial support if the illness forces you to stop working. Several benefits of critical illness insurance would be to:

– Pay off your mortgage
– Replace lost earnings
– Assistance with household bills
– Access to Private Medical Treatment

Income Protection


If you are unable to work due to accident or illness, how would you keep up to your committed outgoings? It is important to keep your mortgage, loan and bill payments up to date. Income Protection policies can vary in price from quite expensive to quite affordable depending on a number of key factors. Our team at Q have a firm understanding of each Provider and are able to compare policies from across the market.


There are 2 main types of Income Protection: long term and short term. We will be able to discuss this in more detail and explain how they both work.


Do I need Income Protection Insurance?

Income Protection can offer much needed financial support in the event of accident or illness. However, if you feel like you have a good sick pay package, your family could support you or you have enough savings to support yourself then it may be not be the insurance for you and maybe you should consider life insurance or critical illness.

Home Insurance


Home insurance protects you from insured events that damage your home or your contents. If your home is damaged or destroyed in a fire or flood, having the right insurance could mean that your insurance provider will pay to replace your belongings and repair or rebuild your home.


Buildings Insurance: This will cover the structure of your home include the permanent fixtures and fittings.

Contents Insurance: This will cover the damage and theft of possessions from your home, garden and outbuildings. This can also be extended to include items you take out of the home such as laptops, mobile phones and watches.

Buildings and Contents Insurance: If you need both buildings and contents insurance, buying a combined policy may work out cheaper than having a single policy with two different insurers.


I live in a flat / rent, do I need insurance?

It is very unlikely that you need buildings insurance. This is normally covered under your service charge but it is best to check the details of your lease to find out. However, contents will not be covered under your service charge and you may wish to consider taking out a standalone policy to cover this.

We understand how confusing the process can be and will ensure you understand the process all of the way

Get in touch today to find out how we can help you! 530 145

Want to chat?